If you are looking for something a bit different than the usual pies for christmas dinner dessert this is a must try.
Pecan Praline Dessert
Read through all directions before starting
- 2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pecan halves( I toasted these for 10 min in a 350 degree oven)
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with pecans.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over pecans. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set.
- In a large bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth. Spread over praline layer. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set.
- For ganache, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Spread over filling. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Garnish with pecan halves. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Reminder to enter the Shabby Apple Dress giveaway here It ends tomorrow night
- Linking to: