Sunday, June 13, 2010

Where does the time go?

Can you believe we are to the middle of June already? Is it just me, or does it seem as if the days click by a little faster as we get older?  I often tell sweet hubby that the days sometimes flip by like a calendar on a cartoon...you know, like when they want to show the passage of time, they fan through a year long  calendar in just a few seconds?  Sometimes the days feel just like that to me. Our middle daughter turned 24 this weekend and Ezra our sweet grandson is 8 weeks old today. I find myself often wondering how did  I get here to this place in my life and could things slow done just a little bit?
Enough of that for now.
The weekend was a blast with many graduation parties, visiting with great friends and
family, and Andrea's 24th birthday BBQ. Andrea our middle daughter is a special needs child with a sweet sweet spirit and a hug that will knock you over. She has difficulty with speech and comprehension but didn't have a bit of trouble telling me that she wanted a BBQ for her birthday party, who to invite and what to make including a cake from Baskin Robbins. It was fun to see her light up at all of the attention she got on her special day.
Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend as well.
I am planning on sharing tips this week for choosing the right area rugs for your specific room or space.

The Birthday girls holding Ezra after he was born

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Andrea! She is beautiful! Time does fly by WAY too fast and we find ourselves rushing around to fill the Summer with fun stuff! We have to just enjoy the moment:)

    Have a blessed day my friend! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Andrea! Time waits on no one! Have a blessed week. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking the same thing yesterday.....How can it be mid June....Hope your week is filled with FUN

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you, Debbie, time just goes by so fast. It was only yesterday my son was 5 and he turns 20 this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear you had a fun weekend. Happy birthday to your BBQ lovin' daughter. I was at the Orlando convention center yesterday and there was a strip restaurant called "Ezra's Grill" (or something like that). I immediately thought of you and your precious 8-wk old grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that most days.....just where does the time go??? Glad that you had a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by my blog on SITS Pot Luck Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH time does fly. I haven't stopped by in a while but wanted to catch up on what you are doing. Sounds like you are very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our children do grow up so fast and I think the grandchildren even faster. Love the picture of Andrea holding Ezra, which is a beautiful name.

    Hugs Sweetie...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete