Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Dish: Summer Reading


It's time once again for the "Dishing it Party " over at Amanda's
She started this party as a way for bloggers to not only share a little bit about themselves, but to also make an effort to get to know some of the other wonderful people out there in Blogland. New bloggers and seasoned pros are all welcome! The topic this month is: Summer reading
I love to read! I can easily get caught up in a book or a series of books and let everything else go. Life is too short not to stop and enjoy yourself once in a while and there are so many books out there just waiting to be read!
Here are the Questions:

~Give us your list of top 5 picks for summer reading. ~
I don't think I could narrow it down to just 5. There are so many good books out there like:

Her Mother's Hope (Marta's Legacy). ... By Francine Rivers    Love this book cannot wait for the sequel
Chasing Fireflies: A Novel of Discovery...  By Charles Martin.  Thoroughly enjoyed this and am looking forward to reading his newest book
Any book by Karen Kingsbury will not disappoint especially the Baxter family series( there are many of these and could easily fill up your summer) They are "meaty" with spritual wisdom and life lessons
I also really have enjoyed the The Sugar Camp Quilt: An Elm Creek Quilts Novel series by Jennifer Chiaverini
Just read one by Rebbeca Wells called: The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder Interesting title for an enjoyable book
Another of my all time favorite series has been:An Untamed Land (Red River of the North #1) by Lauraine Snelling She is another author whose writing I really enjoy.


~What genre of literature makes you want to pick up a book and read (biographies, chick lit, Christian fiction,  historical fiction, etc.)?  Although I am partial to Christian fiction, I do enjoy reading off of the NYT bestsellers list as well

~What are your favorite magazines? ~ I have always loved Better Homes and Gardens aand any of their special decorating publications, Country Living, House Beautiful, Architechtural Digest, and any other decorating magazine I can get my hands on.

~How do you make time to escape into a good book?~ I just do it. If I try to wait until "this or that" is done I would never have reading time. I love sitting out by our waterfall to read in the summer. (It's a great way to work on my tan too : )

~What's your favorite place to get your books?~ We are blessed to have a wonderful church library that I use often. My dear friend Lori buys books like I buy Lattes (many and often) so she is my favorite resource and Amazon is always a great resource too.

~What's next on your "to-read" list?
Right now I am reading Sarah's Key...by Tatiana De Rosnay. I have not read this Author before but so far so good. I also have a huge stack of others to get through before summer is done : )
HAPPY READING!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Did you like The Crowning Glory? I really enjoyed it. My kind of story! I always read in bed....and it doesn't take long to be out!

    ReplyDelete