This is the best "before" I could find (ignore the stuff/junk on top)
It really doesn't show how dinged up and gashed the dresser was in places. It does show however, the crooked drawers and how very eighties it is.
I did not want to spend money on a new dresser. This was a budget room makeover after all, so out came my favorite products:
Yes that is spray paint and yes I spray painted a furniture piece
So, first I removed all the drawers and hauled the whole thing outside.
Next I removed all of the hardware (good riddance eighties metal drawer pulls)
Next hubby reinforced all of the drawers that were sagging.
I got out the handy dandy Deglosser and followed the instructions wiping the product on in a circular motion all over the dresser. I love this product! It eliminates the need for major sanding on most finishes. It creates a tacky surface so the new paint will stick. I had to repeat the rub down process twice to get the
surface to a "tacky" state. When that was done, out came the spray paint. It took about two and 1/2 cans to cover the entire dresser. Once dry, I took a sanding block and lightly distressed the edges, added some new hardware and ended up with this, the finished product.
I am linking up to the following parties: