Tuesday, November 29, 2011
1) you want to choose one that is at least 6" shorter than your ceiling. The standard height is 8ft so you would then want to choose a 7-7 1/2 foot tree
2) Measure the width of the space you are putting the tree then measure the width of the tree you want to bring home to be sure it will fit your space. I can't tell you how many times I have had to "shave" branches to make it fit into the corner I had planned.
3) how will you be decorating it? if you have lots of ornaments, be sure there is some space between the branches to show off your ornaments. If you use lots of fabrics and ribbons the extra space is nice. If you are into more of a sparsely decorated tree, closer branch spacing may be better for you. Personally for me the fuller the better and I still load that baby up with all kinds of fabrics,picks and ornaments etc.
4) If buying real be sure to cute at least 1/2 inch off the trunk before putting in the tree stand. Water as soon after cutting as you can and water daily.
5) bottom line is buy a tree you love and have fun.