Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday and cookies for you!

Hi everyone. Whew it has been a busy week!!
We are off for a lo-ong weekend first to go see the newest man in my life (Ezra)

And then all of us are off to camp....Okay so it's not really camp,  Its a beautiful home in the woods with deer roaming through the yard and lots of good food, fun and about 22 of us laughing and having a great time. We started this tradition with good friends (2 other families, 4 of the 6 adults all went to High School together) when our children we young and and have continued through to include the kid's spouses and their children. Often times there are a few boyfriends or girlfriends here also, so we can easily be 30 of us.  The guys generally golf while the ladies and girls shop and then we all help prepare all of the meals and sit around planning our next Grown up only "big trip"( maybe Italy this next year). The weekend would not be complete with our these favorite cookies. ( I think I would be lynched if I showed up with out them) We only make them on this weekend  because they make a ton and they can be a bit spendy too. And they take about 4 hours if you bake the whole batch at one time  : )

MONSTER COOKIES         
12 eggs
2 lb. brown sugar
4 c. white sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. white corn syrup
8 tsp. soda
1 lb. butter
3 lb. peanut butter(6 cups)
18 c. oatmeal
1 lb. chocolate chips
1 lb. M&M'S®
Mix eggs, sugars, vanilla, corn syrup, butter, soda together until smooth. Add peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips and M&M'S®. Place 6 cookies per cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
Enjoy  
I have found the best way to do this is to divided it all in half and do it  2 bowls( much easier for mixing)


Linking these to:

18 comments:

  1. Debbie, have fun with Ezra and the whole family. :) Your cookies look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful trip with friends! That recipe looks like enough to feed a football team. Great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Ezra!! He's so adorable..... The cookie dough itself looks yummmy!!! Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! I hope you have a wonderul weekend and now I am drooling because of your cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum monster cookies, ME loves monster cookies:) Sounds like a fun trip and that EZRA is precious! I want to hold him. My youngest grandchild just turned TWO and the oldest is FOURTEEN. No babies in a while. Sweet time to spend with family and friends, enjoy! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time, Debbie. Traditions are always a good thing! Send some of that cookie dough my way, please!!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look wonderful - have a great time, it sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a fun trip!
    Your new man is SO HANDSOME!!
    I love his name, too!
    You are so blessed!
    WHOA! That is a big batch of cookies--our family is trekking up to the Outer Banks, NC in August. I just copy/pasted/printed this recipe--my nieces and nephews (who am I kidding? I'm making them for myself!) will love them!
    Hope you have pictures to show us when you get back!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is just the cutest!! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Debbie, these look amazing! I think my sister Stacey would love this recipe. I will make sure she sees it!

    Have a great trip with your friends and give sweet little Ezra a big hug from me!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you not going to have the most fun time, holding that precious little man??? I love babies, especially grandbabies!!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Ezra!

    Oh yum! Do you happen to have an extra plate?

    I hope you'll stop by and see my video for a French Macaroon video. There are bloopers. :)

    I am also hosting a giveaway for a French Basketeer tote.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you have a fun time! Cookies look great too! Have a blessed weekend. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Baby, deer and monster cookies, you just can't go wrong! Hope you had a memorable weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well congrats on your new addition! Those monster cookies look great! My boys would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these cookies...I remember my mom making them when we were little! - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

    ReplyDelete