Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A recipe for you

I won my hubby's heart with this meatloaf (just kidding I had his heart long before I could cook)
Seriously though, he never thought he liked meatloaf until he tried mine.  This is not your mommas meatloafWe love this one and it is great served with garlic mashed potatoes or this french bread Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. It is a favorite go to recipe when I want to take a meal to someone too ( it travels well) It is so moist and for someone who like veggies very well it's a way to get them with out really tasting them

The Best Meatloaf
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
2 eggs
2/3 C. milk
3 slices bread run through the food processor to make crumbs
1 finely chopped onion
1 C. grated carrot
1 C. grated cheddar cheese
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Mix all together well and form into a loaf
top with mixture of
1/4 c brown sugar
1 tablespoon mustard
1/4 C ketchup
Bake 350 degrees for one hour or until internal temp reaches 170

Variation:
Substitute Italian bread crumbs for the bread and use mozerella cheese for the cheddar, and add 1 cup grated zucchini  for a bit of an italian twist


Linking to the following parties: Foodie friday at Designs by Gollum
http://www.titus2atthewell.com/tempt-my-tummy-springtime-brunch-recipe/
PhotobucketMouthwatering Mondays




TastyTuesday200pix Tasty Tuesday Parade of Foods


11 comments:

  1. Yum that sounds good!! I will try this soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks and sounds delicious, Debbie...I have to try it because my meatloaf is nothing to write home about!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is VERY similar to the one I've been making for years.....it's SO good. Mine has oatmeal instead of bread crumbs and no carrots, but I could try adding those next time!! Mine also has onion soup mix powder instead of onions, so similar flavors. I think the topping makes it!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your recipe with so much packed inside mmm mm good come over to my blog and see what I have shared if you find time http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a keeper! Meatloaf if one of Tony's favorite, too. We'll have to give this a try!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,I saw your blog while browsing.My son loves meatloaf and I bet he would love this recipe.Thanks for sharing.I am your new follower -Marelie www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the garlic mashed potatoes to be paired with yummy meatloaf of yours. The twist of having grated zucchini and the mozzarella sounds appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MMMM! Sounds delish! I'm all about hiding veggies in stuff. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to try it. The garlic mashed potatoes sound wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am always on the hunt for a good meatloaf recipe. I love it, but just can't seem to find one that suites my taste buds! I'll be sure to give this one a try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meatloaf is one of my favorite things and this sounds very tasty! I am a new follower. Hope you will visit my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always like the different variations of meatloaf...for mine I put sliced potatoes in the bottom of the pan so everthing cooks as one!!

    ReplyDelete