Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Transform your Lamps


Looking for some thing new to perk up a tired room? Transform your lamps. Change out the shades on your old lamps to something fun and with color. Recover a lamp shade with a great new fabric. Add a fringe, tassels, or beads to the base of the shade to bring them up to date. Don't like the bases? Some of the new textured spray paints adhere to plastic as well as metal and can give that old lamp a great new look for just a few dollars. It is amazing how changing just one small thing on a lamp can give it a great new look. Amy over at Designing a life I love blog shows a wonderful example of how to transform an old not so pretty lamp into a new beautiful one. You should see what she did. It doesn't even look like the same lamp. If you aren't up for a project though, check out www.lovethedecor.com for great new lamps to work into any decor style

12 comments:

  1. These are great ideas. That wall sconce is gorgeous, too!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you ALWAYS have something cute here!! I used to be so creative and crafty and then I'm not sure what happened - but I still love looking at stuff like that and still always get inspired. You need to visit: http://itssoverycheri.blogspot.com/ because she does a knock off/knock out party on Mondays and re-does things here and there and you would fit right in. LOVE you stuff~ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advice! I have a couple of lamps in my house that need a little spiffing up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know??? I was thinking of changing a few lamps around here...we must be on the same page! thanks for the kick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how it all happened-it's a God thing. I don't know if you've clicked on the G-Force family button under my header but it talks about this a little.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE lamps, I've got a lot in our house because I don't like overheads very much at all... I need a new lamp though and I am on the hunt for one at a thrift store or second hand shop! I love to do what you suggested and reform them into a new lamp!!!

    Hope your having a great day! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny how just changing out a shade can give you a whole new look! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. in case you notice that I stopped following and re-added myself...it was because your blog is not updating in my list! so I thought that starting fresh might help!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm having a Goodwill party EVERY Wednesday. Stop by & join the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debbie, so nice to meet you! I like the tip on changing out the lamp. That's a very good quick and easy thing that would make a big statement. Hey, so glad you came by my blog and decided to join me on our journey!!! I am looking forward to getting to know you better and explore your blog too. See ya around.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So funny that you mention this. I am thinking how to transform two lamps at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it is just another google glitch. Some of my personal pictures are correct-when I go for visits and others have gone back to the silhouette. Yesterday I was going to try and go into a few more to see if they needed fixed. I could see everybody on my front screen and in my dashboard and I could click on them (if their acct was set up that way) but once I got to them I couldn't go into their blog. I tried between 5 and 10 and every single one did the same thing. So I got nothing accomplished in my little bit of time to devote to that. It is getting soooo frustrating.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete