Tuesday, September 1, 2009

FALL IS IN THE AIR


As we turn the calendar to September, (how did we get here so fast?) Bits of fall decor will be making its way into nooks and crannies around the house. I love fall and all that comes with it. The cooler nights and warm days. The turning of the leaves into an array of abundant color. The smell of wood stove smoke in the air. The urge to nest and make soups and homemade breads. Biting into the sweetness of a fresh crisp apple. Burning pumpkin spice candles. Oh I could go on and on.
All of these things tend to give us that cozy feeling of a simpler time we all long for.
The idea of changing your decor out for every season is also a way to bring that feeling to the inside of your home. It doesn't have to be a total transformation. Just a few things.
Put a Pumpkin candle in your kitchen window sill, drape a fall leaf garland over a mirror, Put a collection together of pumpkins or gourds and indian corn to make a small centerpiece on you table. You get the idea. Its all these fun little things that get your creative juices flowing and help you create a home of distinction one room at a time.



20 comments:

  1. Debbie, I can so relate to the nesting/making soup thing and love your fall vignettes. It has cooled off here in MA this week, so I am getting fall fever, too.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your pumpkins on your table-where did you get those???Inquiring minds NEED to know--hee hee!
    Thanks for participating.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Debbie,
    I just love fall and all that comes with it. Going to the apple orchards and baking and the smells. I could go on an on. Thanks for stopping by and your right the mayo does not smell the best when I pulled off the bag. But boy does my hair feel good..Oh I love your ecclesiasties scripture, That is how I got my blog name around season we have in our life, I need to find something like that.
    Have a blest day,
    Jolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so ready for fall!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may have to make some Knock Offs
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think maybe fall is the "best- smelling" season of all :) Loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why does everyone keep reminding me that summer is over? LOL! Yeah, yeah...I live in New England, I should love the fall, but I really love summer more and I hate that winter comes next! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all love fall, don't we! You should link this up at The Inspired Room. They are doing a Fall nesting party. This would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. well i do believe i will give into peer pressure and get me a pumpkin candle and light it and pretend it is fall, my fav. season!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the decor!! i've already decorated for fall!! stop by and check it out. love the blog design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did not change a thing-I should have still been listed. I came back over and clicked on the follow button and I was on your list but it had me back to a silhouette, so I had to go in and change it again-UGHHHH! Can I SCREAM and tell you how frustrated I am with Google right now.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks so warm and pretty in your home Debbie! Love the pumpkins!
    I am so ready for Fall as well.

    Your blog is looking sooooo gorgeous! ~Lovely design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for displaying my new button! You are so sweet. I will add yours as well my friend.

    ~Blessings, ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. you have such a great blog! I am glad I stopped by! your ideas and your writing are so very eloquent!
    great post...very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know what, I'm off today so I just might get my fall stuff out now! I just love this time of year - well not yet, but when it's just a little cooler.☺ Have a good day ~ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fall is really my very favorite season. I love everything about - candles, decorations, being cozy but especially the cooler nights!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am a little sad because I probably won't be decorating for any of the holidays this year, since we are moving. That didn't stop be from buying new decorations though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am also "itching" to decorate for fall...the colors are so warm and bright! Cute pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fall is a really great time of year! I love fall decorations and gearing the house up to the smells of fall splendors!

    I can tell its changing around here and I'm ready for it!

    ReplyDelete