Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Decorating with Baskets


I love baskets! They are a great way to fill in a space and help with organization. Baskets have been "in" and "out" in the world of decorating many times over the years. I am happy to say they are now "in" again. In my home, they have always been "in". I love the way they bring style and beauty as well as functionability (is this even a word) to any room. From vase like baskets to tray type baskets,wall hanging baskets to oversize baskets, there is sure to be an area in your home where a basket would look beautiful. The most recent Pottery Barn magazine has a beautiful assortment of baskets to choose from. Some are pictured above. They also have some online videos to give even more ideas and ways to use baskets. I also have noticed a resurgence in baskets at places like TJ Maxx, Ross, and other big box stores. There are so many styles and price ranges to choose from, that there really is something for everybody. Here are a few of my favorites from lovethedecor.com




11 comments:

  1. That basket ladder is so neat! That would look great in my mother's house! I just got a fabulous Peterboro picnic basket and I am so excited! It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore baskets, too! They bring such a timeless, often old world quality to home decor. I love looking at a basket and thinking about the long history behind the art of basket weaving and the fundamental role this skill has played in many cultures the world over for millenia.

    Wishing you a cheery & wonderful Thursday!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie. You are so right..baskets seem to come and go. What would we do without them though?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie each and every time I open your blog and you talk about decorating, I think to myself this girl and I've got the same styles!!! LOL. I LOVE baskets, I always have!!! They are cute and usable at the same time!!! They are all over my house!!! :)

    Have a rockin' weekend and be blessed!
    E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie I do adore baskets as well and you have sure found some real beauties here. ~Lovely. I have never seen them going up a ladder. That is so cool and pretty!

    Thank you very much for your kindness and support on my latest blog post. I really appreciate having nice blog friends like you.
    You're the sweetest!

    Blessings to you my friend,
    ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the basket post.. thought I might follow along for fun.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love baskets... I think they help make a home very warm and cozy.

    You have wonderful style!

    Have a great weekend Debbie,

    Robin~♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love baskets and I have them here and there throughout my house. I just installed a bench seat with baskets underneath for a client recently too. Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have a basket fettish! it has toned down in the past few years due to lack of space so maybe it is time to replace a few of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Be sure to come by tonight around 9pm (Eastern time) for the announcement so you don't miss out. I promise-it good-really really good.
    Cheri
    Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi again Debbie,
    I keep finding great posts on your site. The baskets you found are very pretty. Are they hand woven? Do you sell any hand-crafted baskets?

    ReplyDelete