Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ladies Retreat

I had the privelege last weekend of attending our church's annual women's retreat on Lake Couer D'Alene.
It was a wonderful time of fellowship, fun, great spiritual enrichment, too much food, and lots of laughter. The theme for the weekend was Pass the Salt, based on the passage in Matthew 5:13. You are the salt of the earth. In biblical times, salt was a precious resource and was a very valuable commodity.  Isn't it amazing that Jesus, the Lord of the universe thinks of us as a valuable resource, a precious commodity.
I came away from the weekend wondering... Am I doing enough to further the kingdom of heaven. Do I make those around me feel like they are valuable? Do I treat others as if they too are precious in the sight of the Lord? I profess to be a Christian woman. Do others know that about me, do they see Christ in me? Am I different than the rest of the world?  If my answer to any of these things is no, then what do I need to do to change? These are the things mulling around in my head this past few days.  Just wanted to share that with you.
Praying that your week is blessed and that you realize how precious you all are.
My Cabin group

10 comments:

  1. Great post...so glad I stopped by late tonight....Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a special friend! We all need these times of digging deep into our hearts. Love the group picture. I would have enjoyed sharing this retreat with all of you ladies:) Have a blessed day dear Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you, spending a weekend surrounded by women that want to be with you as you grow. I often wonder the very same questions you asked in this post. I often wonder if God is pleased with how I live my life. I try to be the best I can in every way but I fall short, again and again. *Sigh*

    Funny you should mention Couer D'Alene. My sister just asked if I wanted to meet there this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!!! :) I'd love to attend something like this, but my kids are still young so it's hard to find childcare for a whole weekend. ;)

    Quick reminder: I hope you'll link up to the "Show Me the Progress" party this week. It goes live Tuesday night and will be up all day Wednesday. :) Just about ANYTHING counts as progress (even a list of ideas!), and it doesn't have to be about a Decorating Dilemma. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you learned a lot at your retreat. None of us will ever have it all figured out, but isn't that what life is all about...growing? I hope you are having a beautiful week sweetie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie,

    Thank you so much for the prayers and kind comment. They are much appreciated!

    Warmly,
    Tracey
    x0x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie you are wonderful and inspiring! You look gorgeous in the photo as well. How fun!

    ~Blessings, ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with the Lord and the ladies. So glad you were blessed. Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun time. I always really enjoy women's retreats at my church.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need a weekend with the girls to just relax. How fun this sounds! Thank you for stopping by and visiting. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete