Monday, March 1, 2010

Staging series part 4

Now that you have cleaned things up and organized closets and drawers, it's time to think about color. If you are still living with builder white walls, you may consider a fresh coat of a warm neutral color to enhace the coziness of the home. On the other hand if your walls are filled with bright loud color or so many colors that if feels like a patchwork quilt, then it is a good idea to paint. Remember that while you may love how it all looks, You need to create the environment that will appeal to the majority of potential buyers. Next start at your entry and wander through your home as if you were a potential buyer. Do you notice the room or just the "stuff"? Is there too much furniture?
Are the pathways too narrow?
Are the walls full of way too many groupings?
Are the kitchen counters cluttered with too many appliances?
What about the bathrooms. Are they clean and tidy?
Be honest with yourself as you go throughout your home and try to decide what could be placed in storage to help make the areas feel cleaner and larger.
Again, remember that if you don't feel you can do this, bring in a stager to do it for you.
The money spent on hiring a stager will be the best money spent on helping you get top dollar for your home.
Please join me Wednesday, we will talk about the outside or your home and how to stage it to sell.

10 comments:

  1. I have been enjoying this series! Great information! I'll be ready if we find our dream house again and need to try to sell!
    I just noticed your button on the side! Sorry I missed it before...grabbing it and will post it right now!!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My step-daughter is getting ready to sell her house and I am going to give her your blog address. I think it is really helpful information! Enjoy your evening my friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,
    You have some great tips on staging...we are in the real estate business and believe me it makes a HUGE difference!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the series! Thanks for posting...Meme

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great tips. I am going back to check out the other posts and saving this file for the future.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips. Taking photos helps, too, to see through another person's eyes (Just like our decorating efforts! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie the room looks so awesome! Love it and the series. Thank you for telling me. I will re follow you. You're right. I wasn't getting your newest postings and updates.

    Have a blessed evening my friend. ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there friend! Been thinking a lot about you lately! Praying for ya! :)

    It's so nice having the house done!!! Let me tell ya we painting like nobody's business! Now to decorate the laundry room! I don't know what I want to do in there yet... It will and can wait, at least it's painted and looks cheery!

    Hoping we can get together soon! I would even love to drive out to see you! Maybe after we get back from Disney!!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post. Love the illustrative picture. Also -- your feed stopped again on my blogroll and on the reader. I'm not sure what's going on with it. Has anyone else said anything to you about it?

    ReplyDelete