- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup canned Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cottage cheese
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, salt, garlic powder, sugar and pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti, butter, eggs and Parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Top with cottage cheese and beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and filling is heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
- Note: on a busy night I have been known to use Jar sauce to speed up the process
- Serve with green beans or a salad and your favorite french bread
Linking up to :