Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A generous gift

I have a dear friend Shirley who has been like a mom to me over the years. She is the woman God placed in my life to fill that role when my own mom did not. Shirley is such a blessing in so many ways.
She knows how much I like the Christmas season and wanted to do something special for me. A few weeks ago we went to lunch and to a great quilt store and we picked out fabric for a new Christmas tree skirt. She finished it and gave it too me, along with a table runner to match. I think every woman needs a Shirley in her life!!
Here is the Skirt. I love it!!!



It matches my tree decor perfectly!! I love the combination of fabric she used. Thank you Shirley!!
I am linking this to Fabric Fun Thursday(because it is so pretty and homemade)   : )




9 comments:

  1. Very pretty...you lucky girl you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty, Debbie! You are very lucky to have Shirley in your life, and I'm sure she feels just as lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, everyone should have a friendship that includes a Shirley. She sounds like a very sweet and special friend! What a beautiful gift she gave you :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet and thoughtful gift! I love it that you have Shirley in your life! She sounds like such a special friend! Have a blessed day and I can't wait to see that skirt around your Christmas tree! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty! What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also am so glad that you have Shirley in your life! It's always good to have more people loving you! What a beautiful gift! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just beautiful--nothing is like having someone make something special for you. I need a Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful gift from a wonderful woman. Lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet. How lucky you are to have such a nice lady in your life.

    ReplyDelete