Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Debbie's Dilemma


I decided to take my own advice and paint my bathroom. The way the master bath is situated, It could be any color (just about) and be wonderful. So off to the paint store I go.... ooh townhouse tan is pretty, oh and what about gold. Gold would work. The rest of the house has gold, maybe that's overdoing the gold thing a bit. Green would be nice... hmm. Why is it I can help everyone else pick paint colors for their projects with no problem, but I am having trouble picking my own color? Maybe it is because I know that this is one of those projects that leads to more and more. For example, "since we are painting maybe we should take out the 13 yr old vinyl (still beautiful by the way), and if we are redoing the floor, how about the molding? If we do all that than maybe we should tile around the tub kit" and the list goes on. I started out just wanting to paint, now if I paint, what ever color I end up choosing will have to match everything else that I now think I need to do. Sheesh! Perhaps I should just go with a color and save the rest for a rainy day. No wonder my clients seem so confused.

6 comments:

  1. well you know you know the childrens book, "if you give a mouse a cookie" and the rest is history.
    http://randommusingsfrommypov.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should paint it something you've never used before in your house, go for it you might be surprised!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait... this reminds me of something... oh, yes, your daughter trying to plan what colors to paint the rooms in her house. :) I think it's genetic.
    -Lisa
    (I personally always choose my colors by arguing about it with Dave until one of us gives up. Which is probably why walking through my house is like being tested for color blindness). Actually, you should probably come and tell me what colors I should actually have in here. Except then I'd have to paint...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming by my blog and joining in on the fun. You should take pictures and post color options of wha tyou are willing or can afford to do at this time and have viewers help you decide.

    Cheri
    itssoverycheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun times! I am already stressed about all those white walls in my new house, and after all the painting we just finished up in our old house...white isn't that bad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog!! Hmmmm, colors....I love the gold idea and you could do a lot with that. And you could do like cinnamon-colored towels with the gold. Hey, I think I like that. Plus, it's light and I like bathrooms that are light in color. Well, I only have two, it's not like a live in a mansion but dark and small feel crowded sometimes - listen to me...YOU'RE the decorator!! Pleeeeease show us pictures when you're finished!!

    ReplyDelete