Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Laundry Room & The difference paint can make

My daughter Tiffany and baby Ezra  came for a visit this week
We decided, as we often do when we are together, that we needed a project. I have been wanting to paint the laundry room (if you can call it a room) since we moved into this house 13yrs ago. It is little more than a pass through from the garage to the family room, but still, it should have some pizzazz right?
Here is a few before pictures (after most of the "stuff" had been removed)

Tiffany doing some prep
A view of the "after" (Go ahead, laugh at the ancient/ugly ironing board cover  cuz this one is on the way)
Pretty Paisleys in Earth Tones ironing board cover


Close up of  top of cupboard. Shopped the house for all of these things
Boxes are from Home Depot for around $6.00 each
Great way to hide the " junk"

A closer view of the the sign from Susie
 I bought this a year ago from her  etsy shop in anticipation of this project
She also has a blog and is very talented go check her out

The paint color left from another project Valspar Mark Twain House Oak


So there you have it. A spur of the moment project that didn't cost a lot, but did make a lot of change. Notice that I don't have tile flooring or state of the art appliances or perfect cabinets etc. but it still looks great. Don't let those things stop you form decorating. Everything does not need to be new to  make your home beautiful.
Linking up to a few parties this week

HookingupwithHoH

giveaways Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Beyond The Picket Fence



26 comments:

  1. Ahh looks great Debbie! I love those home depot boxes of course. ;) I really need to do our laundry room too. Ahhh, it's a disaster. And be thankful you have cabinets in yours. I have none! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paint looks good Debbie! I do not have laundry room cabinets either. *Smiles*
    Your entire room is looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Debbie! What a difference a little paint makes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that color and the laundry room looks great. I don't have state of the art appliances or fancy cabinets either but it was also paint and accessories that made my laundry room look good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing! You two did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love it...I've decided what my son painted looks TOO stark, with the flor. lighting! I want some color!
    You've inspired me!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, my laundry room is actually smaller than yours, and it certainly needs a face lift. I love the sign you added -- I really like your laundry room. You two make a great team. You have made a laundry room very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I had a laundry room like that, I might actually like doing laundry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your laundry room...it turned out very well!

    Have a wonderful day!
    ~Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a remarkable difference in your small space. I've been neglecting my laundry room, too. Yours looks so nice and inspiring. (Like I need another project? Ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks fabulous. I don't have a big space either and no new appliances, however I do have it all decorated. Yours turned out super and doesn't it make it a much more pleasant place to be. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. You ladies just back up your paint brushes and head down here, don't forget Ezra:) I can play with the baby while you all paint my laundry room! Have a blessed day my friend! Great job and an inspriration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course that was supposed to say PACK UP... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the new color, Debbie! It really makes a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look how cute it turned out! I love the color that you painted it. Awesome job!! I am still working on mine - it's becoming the never ending project - LOL!

    xoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks really good, Debbie! I loooove the new ironing board cover. Susie Harris is a fave of mine-love that sign! I'm so jealous you have cabinets. I've got to get some cabinets. Great job! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Paint really is the 8th wonder of the world--thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How totally cute! I just re-did ours too again!! LOL. It's decked out in the Americana stuff that was in our bedroom!! How fun! Your room is very classy!

    Hope all is well. Think of you often!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great looking laundry room!
    I like that you had help.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I need to do mine and I love the color you choose!! Hard to work around the machines so I am putting it off...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks great! A little paint really can go a long way toward sprucing up a room...even a laundry room!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes, you're right...it made a big difference! It looks awesome. What a fun room it is. :) I would be very excited.

    Also, I have a giveaway on my blog right now and would love for you to enter if you're interested. <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the colour you chose to paint the walls and the sign is great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Debbie! I really like how your laundry room turned out. The color is great. I agree with things not having to be new in order to enjoy a spruce up. So very true. Hey, at least you have an actual laundry "room". Mine is in the basement in the world's narrowest space ever! lol. I have been wanting to spice my space up since we moved in 7 years ago, but DH not too sure about that. There is no ceiling for starters lol. The walls are drywall/concrete blocks. The sign is cute btw. I have seen that saying at craft fairs. I'm going to a big, annual craft show in November located at our local fairgrounds. I can't wait:) I may get a sign like that there. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great Labor Day Weekend.

    ~Cheryl M.~

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Debbie!!

    You won one of the necklaces in the Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello!! Yay! Send me an email and I will hook you up with Corrie!

    xoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete