|This is a tree we did for client last year|
Want your Christmas tree to like like it was decorated by a designer?
1) Start by making sure all the branches are fluffed if it is not a real tree.
2) Make sure all lights are working before putting them on the tree.( this will save you lots of hours of frustration)
3 )Next decorate in layers
4) Start with your ribbon and fabrics
I like to use fabrics to fill in where branches are sparse.
5) Next work on the top display. Break away from just an angel or star on top. Use unexpected items like floral or branches, glitter picks, etc to create a unique and elegant tree top. (like the one shown here)
6) Next add your balls and ornaments. Start at the top and work your way down in a pattern around the tree so items are evenly spaced.
7) Finish by adding some floral picks or sprays or even berries to fill in the areas that need it.
The important thing is to have fun, use what you already have, go through your fabric and craft boxes and see what might be able to be used. Old snow shoes, Skates, Mittens, Stuffed toys. I have been known to undo floral arrangements that look tired and use the parts in the tree. I have seen tress done with Kitchen items like spatulas and wisks.You would be surprised what works
Here are a few pictures to help inspire you.
images courtesy of Silver Sage,Elements, google images